I’m sorry, did you say you love the chocolate-peanut butter combo and can’t imagine life without it???? Yeah, me too.
This recipe is going to throw you for a loop though. It’s a super awesome, omega-3 packed, fiber-rich, chocolately, peanut buttery, FROZEN snack bar. YEP! Frozen! You can’t even imagine the deliciousness…
I have a Pampered Chef problem. Their kitchen tools and gadgets are super high quality and are really thought out by people who spend TIME in the kitchen! I appreciate the thought they put into their products, knowwhati’msayin? ANYWAY they have a new snack bar maker and it’s pretty awesome. You can bake it, freeze it, and just store your homemade granola bars in it.
This recipe boasts crunchy peanut butter (you can substitute it for other nut butters or soy butter), quick oat, rice cereal, chia and flax seed, and of course to add texture/flavor/stick-togetherness -butter, and of course semi-sweet chocolate chips!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER NO-BAKE BARS
1/2 stick butter (4 tablespoons)…yes I know, just trust me (you can also use solid coconut oil and I would have had I not run out)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup quick oats
1 cup rice cereal
1 Tablespoon chia seed
1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- In a medium pan over low-medium heat melt butter. Add in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and melt. Then add in the peanut butter to the mixture so that it is smooth (minus the chunks of peanuts). Remove from stove and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl mix oats, cereal, chia, and flax seeds. Pour slightly cooled chocolate mixture over the oat mixture and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place mixture into a cookie sheet and press flat or if you have a granola bar pan use that!
- FREEZE and enjoy!!!!
NOTES: I cut them in small bite size pieces
Why are these better than original No-Bake Cookies????
1. half the butter
2. no added sugar (besides what is in the semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies)
3. chia and flax seed = omega 3 fatty acids = super heart health benefits
4. frozen…because ohhhmagoodness so good!
You can eat well, eat deliciously, and have fun doing it. You don’t need to count calories/fat/carbs in order to be healthy. Eat well, my friends!